Product & Care
Is the Figgy a playset or couch?
Part toy, part furniture, the Figgy can really be anything you or your child can dream up. A fort, rocketship, cave - anything really. Oh and yes, it could be a playset or couch if you like.
Can kids and adults use the Figgy?
Yes! The Figgy is made for ages two through adult. Whether you have toddler learning to play independently, an older kid who loves to build forts, or a college student who needs a place to hang in their apartment, Figgy is the perfect combo of sturdiness and softness. It's also great for teacher's classroom and for adults who need a comfy spot in their small space or loft.
How sturdy are the cushions?
They are firm enough to withstand energetic all-day play, but soft enough for chilling out and unwinding. Light enough for your little one to lift, and sturdy enough for a 10-year-old to climb upon and play on. But remember, they are made of foam* and while we applaud creativity they are not as firm as a table. * some variations may exist. We use 50ILD/1.5LB CertiPur-US Foam.
What is the Figgy made of?
The Figgy cover is OEKO-TEK® STANDARD 100 certified dyed and finished fabric made of soft polyester suede. The core is made of CertiPUR-US Certified foam.
What is OEKO-TEK® STANDARD 100 certified fabric?
Our fabric is dyed and finished in accordance with the strict OEKO-TEK® STANDARD 100 guidelines to ensure safety.
For more information on this certification visit their website.
What is CertiPUR-US® Certified Foam?
This is a fancy certification that means the foam in Figgy has been carefully analyzed to meet a specific set of standards: for its content, emissions, and durability. When you buy any product containing certified foam, you can rest easy knowing that the flexible polyurethane foam inside meets some pretty high standards.
Here’s some finer print if you’re interested:
CertiPUR-US® Certified Foam means Figgy is...
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead and heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
If you want the nitty gritty details, we recommend venturing over to their website.
What pieces come with my Figgy?
There are 4 square base cushions, 2 rectangle bolster and 1 optional add-on wedge. We also offer a Mini Figgy option that comes with 2 square base cushions and 2 rectangle bolsters.
If I want to add on, can I buy more pieces for my Figgy?
What are the dimensions of the Figgy cushions?
- Base cushions: 33x33x4.5 in
- Rectangles: 11x11x22 in
- Optional Wedge: 11x15x22 in
Does it take up a lot of space?
The Figgy is easy to stack, build on and climb, and occupies a small footprint when disassembled. With the widest cushion being 33”, it seamlessly blends into the decor, even when stacked in a corner during non-play times.
Is there a weight limit?
No weight limit here! Parents can easily play, imagine and explore together with their little ones!
How do I open and set up my Figgy?
Setting up your Figgy is easy (and exciting). Open the box and remove the plastic and then give the product time to take shape. Be careful not to rip the product if you use a sharp object to tear the plastic.
How long does it take for my Figgy to fully take shape?
It typically just takes a couple of days but it could be up to 1-3 weeks.
How do I care for my Figgy?
We know it can be a bit of extra work, but hand-washing the microsuede covers in cold water and hanging dry will prevent any shrinking and keep the fabric in tip-top shape. If you’re going the machine-wash route, we recommend using a delicate cycle in cold water, and tumble-drying on low afterwards (hang drying for the Sand color). We recommend a detergent like Tide Free & Gentle (don't use delicate type detergents like Woolite). For spot cleaning, use upholstery cleaner or soapy water as directed.
Is my Figgy made in the USA?
Currently, the main component of our Figgy, the foam, is made in the USA and some other components are made overseas. Then everything is assembled in the USA.
How is Figgy different from some of the leading brands?
From its construction to its support and comfort, The Figgy is made with your kids' safety and creativity in mind. Here are a few ways it stands out:
- Hidden zippers with enclosed zipper pockets and hidden teeth protecting your kids, walls and floors for worry-free play all day long.
- Smartly placed handles for easy transport and building.
- Patent-pending Velcro® system allows tool-free and easy assembly without the scratch.
- The covers are hand or machine washable (cold, delicate cycle) and dryer safe (low).
- It comes with 4 thick base cushions instead of one thick pad and one thin topper.
- Our waterproof layer makes any spills or messes a worry-free adventure.
Orders, Shipping & Delivery
How long will it take for my Figgy to ship?
If in stock, it usually takes FedEx 3-5 business days to deliver. If a product is currently out of stock, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an update on your specific order.
Where do you deliver?
Figgy ships to the 48 continental US states, there is an additional fee for shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. We ship to Canada with shipping, duties, and taxes paid by the customer during the checkout process.
What do I do if I have an issue with delivery?
Uh oh. If for any reason your product was damaged during shipment, please let us know! Email us at email@example.com and we’ll sort things out. If you have Route protection, you can also work directly with them.
What is shipping protection and why do I need it?
Things happen. So, we offer package protection for shipments that are lost, broken or stolen. You can read more about it HERE.
How do I cancel my order?
We hope we can change your mind but you can cancel any order that hasn’t been shipped yet by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warranties & Returns
Does Figgy come with a warranty?
Yes! Figgy has a 6-Month Limited Warranty on all products. Here’s what that means in technical speak: Despite our high-tech production methods, all cushions and foam products have a lifespan and will soften with normal wear. We will warranty the integrity of the product under conditions of normal wear. Fabric, zippers, foam, and handles will stretch and puncture if exposed to excessive forces. Unfortunately, failure or defects caused by excessive forces or by sharp objects are not covered by warranty.
The fabrics used are meant to be machine-washed following the appropriate care instructions. Damage caused by heavily soiling, staining, or outdoor use are not covered by warranty.
If you feel your Figgy product has had a material defect within the 6-month warranty period, please let us know by emailing email@example.com so we can make things right.
What is your return policy?
If for any reason Figgy isn’t a crowd pleaser, we’re here to make things right. The easiest way to start a return is by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We give everyone 30 days to try things out and ask that all returns meet the following conditions:
- All returns must get approval from Figgy HQ (we’ll respond within two business days).
- For health and safety reasons, products must be unused and with their original packaging to be returned.
- Figgy is pretty big and costly to ship, which is why we ask customers to cover the cost of return shipping + a 15% restocking fee. This will be deducted from your original purchase.
- For any product deemed as damaged during delivery, please make sure to take pictures of the box so we can work with our shipping company accordingly.
- Damage due to using a sharp object to cut open the box and causing inadvertent damage to the product is not covered under warranty or the 30 day return policy.
- Once the item is received unopened & undamaged, you will be refunded the full product amount. If the product arrives with wear or damage, you may not qualify for a complete refund.
Do you sell gift cards?
Yes! Who doesn’t love a gift card? It’s like a VIP pass to the Figgyverse! We offer e-gift cards in various denominations from $10-$1000.
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes. We work with sezzle which offers 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks. Just select sezzle at checkout.
How can I partner with Figgy?
There are a couple ways to partner with us.
- You can apply to become an Affiliate
- If you are a brand, creator, photographer, interior designer or just a parent who loves to show off your adorable kids, you can complete our Collaboration form to be considered.
If there is something else we can help you with please contact us at email@example.com.